Wednesday, August 29, 2007


The sheep got out today. Well - not exactly completely out...

As is the usual morning routine lately, I went into the barnyard to let the llamas into the pasture. As I opened the gate, two little lambs stared at me, standing next to the barn. It took me several seconds to realize that they were not supposed to be there. The early morning fog in my brain was dispersed by a loud baaaa. It was Nugget, my seasoned ewe who was calling for the lambs. Next thing I knew, they all came running around the corner. They had all gotten out of their temporary confinement. I thought the gaps under the fence were small enough that they couldn't get through. I guess not.

Meanwhile, the llamas looked thoroughly confused. They have been bewildered by these wooly-devils...

3 comments:

Nancy K. said...

Oh WONDERFUL ~ you have a BLOG!
;-)
I did't realize that you had llamas. In fact, I thought you were the one who didn't even have SHEEP! So who is it that recently joined MSSBO who doesn't have sheep and I believe works at the MN Zoo? ....or am I getting everybody mixed up?

Talk about fog brain!

Michelle said...

I saw a link to your new blog on Nancy K's blog. Welcome to the world of Shetland shepherd bloggers!

Michelle said...

We're coming up on a year since your last post. Do you still have sheep???