Friday, November 7, 2008

Congratulations America






I am hopeful we can find a new direction for our country. Men and women have died fighting to defend our right to freedom. And I want that freedom to still be there for my grandchildren and theirs.

It's a good day to be a citizen of the USA. It's a great day to be a citizen of the world. I don't remember ever seeing Americans pouring into the street celebrating an election. I don't remember a time immediately after a Presidential election where the rest of the world was so excited about our choice. I have been surprised at the emotional outpouring of joy -- from the young and old, black, white, Protestant, Catholic, Hispanic, Muslim, African, Japanese, etc. The world is happy with our choice. No matter who you voted for, this historic election turns the page on a new chapter for our country. And our new President has a LOT to work on.















No comments: